Ref No.: APMIA/HO/2019/3014
Dated: August 19, 2019
NOTICE INVITING NOMINATION PAPERS TO ELECT CENTRAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS FOR THE TWO YEARS TERM BEGINNING FROM 1st OCTOBER, 2019
In accordance with Trade Organization Act 2013 and TOA rules 13-21 and procedure laid down in Memorandum and Articles of Association of All Pakistan Marble Industries Association, the Election term beginning from 1st October 2019, duly approved by the Executive Committee in its meeting held on 13th July 2019 is issued. The members fulfilling terms and conditions laid in Rules11 provision (a) to (e) of TOA rules 2013 are hereby invited to furnish their nomination papers for the purposes to contest Annual Elections for fifteen seats of Executive Committee (7 seats from Corporate and 8 seats from Associate Class members). The 15 persons of the Executive Committee shall be elected by the General Body.
- The General Elections shall be held by secret ballot during the month of September 2019 and members renewed till 31st March, 2020 are eligible to cast vote.
- Right to vote shall accrue only the members duly approved by the Executive Committee and has completed two years of valid membership as on the date of announcement of election schedule. Provided that old members shall be eligible to vote on completion of one year of their enrollment and payment of all dues.
- A member is entitled to propose and second only one nominee for the above said vacancies.
- Neither postal ballot, nor proxy will be allowed.
- A member, who desires to contest election of the Executive Committee, must give his consent in written as provided in the nomination form. Each nomination paper should accompanied by a prescribed nomination fee of 12,000/- (Rupees Twelve Thousand Only) in shape of Cross Cheque or Bank Draft / Pay Order (only) in favor of All Pakistan Marble Industries Association.
- The right of vote at the time of election shall be allowed only to the proprietor, partner or director of the member firm or company concern or a person not below the rank of General Manager authorized by the Board of Directors of the public limited company or a multinational company only if his or her name already been registered with the Secretary General of association and his name appears on the list of voters. A voter should be identified by his valid original computerized identity card or identity card issued by the association or passport, as well as specimen signature / photo will be compared.
- Election Commission will comprise of the following;
Chief Election Commissioner: Mr. Farrukh Munir (Kohsar Industries, Islamabad)
Scrutiny Officer: Mr. Sattar Hussain (Natural Marble, Islamabad)
Scrutiny Officer: Mr. Haji Muhammad Rafiq (Pakistan Marble, RWP)
- The polling will be conducted in the month of September at APMIA Head Office Islamabad and all the Zonal Offices from 0900hrs to 1700hrs.
- As per previous election procedure members interesting to contest in coming elections are requested to provide following documents along with the nomination papers,
- Copy of CNIC
- Passport Size Picture (1)
- Latest Income Tax Return
Fee criteria are as under (Approved in APMIA Central Executive Committee Meeting);
- 100,000/- (Rupees One Lac Only) for Chairman.
- 70,000/- (Rupees Seventy Thousand Only) for Senior Vice Chairman.
- 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) for Vice Chairman.
- 36,000/- (Rupees Thirty Six Thousand Only) for Zonal Vice Chairman
- 24,000/- (Rupees Twenty Four Thousand Only) for Sub Zonal Vice Chairman
- 12,000/- (Rupees Twelve Thousand Only) for Executive Committee member.
(Cross Cheque or Bank Draft / Pay Order in favor of All Pakistan Marble Industries Association must be attached along with the above mentioned documents)
The members are requested to furnish their nominations for the Executive Committee so as to reach APMIA Head Office positively up to 05:00 pm till the prescribed date i.e., 24 August, 2019 (Saturday). The nominations received after due date as specified in the election schedule and without nomination fee shall not be entertained. In case of holiday on any election scheduled dates, the next recognized working day would automatically be treated as a new date.
Nomination form and Election Schedule 2019-20 is attached herewith.
Thanks & Regards,
Syed Masud Gillani
All Pakistan Marble Industries Association