Formation Of Delegation Of Apmia For Marble Izmir Fair, Turkey From 27-30 March, 2019February 5, 2019
A meeting with Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) Director Muhammad Owais Khan, Deputy Director Muhammad Tariq.February 11, 2019
A meeting was held at Mines & Minerals Department, KPK in Peshawar with Director General Mines and Minerals Mr. Muntazir Khan and Chairman APMIA Mian Gulzar Ahmad, Vice Chairman Sheikh Iftikhar Rasheed, Central Executive Committee member Shakir Ullah Khan.
APMIA representatives proposed the following suggestion to DG Mines and minerals regarding marble / granite mining,
- We should invite the businessmen of Pakistan by offering a presentation on Marble / Granite Industry, which will promote our industries.
- The government should resolve the disputes between mine owners and the people on the surface during mining so that the mining should continue without any obstruction and the mining should not be closed, this major decision will help in the growth of our industry.
- Invite mine owners and showcase the latest technologies by showing pictures / videos of mechanize mining.
- Instead of providing machinery on rental basis, modern machinery should be provided on easy installments with the down payment of 5 percent.
- Chinese investors are also coming with advanced machinery in mining and other related fields in our country, we should demand the government to link Pakistan’s unskilled labor with the skilled labor of China so that our labor can be skilled.
- There should be joint ventures between Chinese and Pakistani investors in which two parts of the labor should be from Pakistan, so that our people can get better jobs and reduce unemployment.
- Mine leases should also be given on the recommendation of Chairman All Pakistan Marble Industries Association.
- APMIA should be given the role of arbitrarily in the case of dispute between local minerals and ministries, so that all conflicts can be resolved as soon as possible and these issues should be prevented from going to court and will develop industry.
- Mine owners are facing forest issues, our suggestions on this is that the laws of the Forest Department should also be changed, if the mine owners are cutting the trees on the soil, they should not stop them from cutting the trees rather they should be restricted by the department that the same number of trees should be planted on any other possible place but mining should not be stopped.
- The mine department should give the mine to one applicant at the same time, instead of giving the mine to two or more people to avoid conflicts and the application requests should be made on merit basis and their procedure should be transparent.
- For the ease of mine applicants, online portal should be made to provide them maximum facilitation.
- Government should construct the road for mining.
- Any technology that comes from china or any other country in Pakistan that should not be returned.
- If the lease is allotted to anyone and he does not work on the mine for at least 5 years his lease should be cancelled.
- No company or individual should be given more than two leases.
- Government should not give the lease of more than 200 acres to any person and those who have already been working on mines, that should also be limited to 200 acres so that more employment opportunities can be available and more people can work.
- Rescue operations should be made on mines to ensure timely control of any type of accident on the mine.
- One window operation should be made for mining procedure.
- There should be a time frame for leasing any mine.
- APMIA should be given the representation in the rules and regulation reform committee of mines and minerals.