A meeting with Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) Director Muhammad Owais Khan, Deputy Director Muhammad Tariq.February 11, 2019
A meeting with the representatives of SME Bank LimitedFebruary 26, 2019
A meeting of APMIA representatives including Mr. Mian Gulzar Ahmad (Chairman APMIA), Mr. Hazrat Younas, Mr. Mian Fazeelat Shah (Executive Committee Member APMIA), Mr. Ibad Ali (Corporate Member APMIA), Mr. Syed Masud Gillani (Secretary General-APMIA) and Mr. Muhammad Qasim ( Deputy Secretary-APMIA) with the representative of GIZ Mr. Sohaib Tanoli at Jahangira, KPK. Assistant Commissioner of Jahangira was also available in the meeting.
Following discussions were made in the meeting,
- Chairman APMIA mentioned that the basic objective of APMIA is to work on reducing the blasting procedure for mining and introduce mechanize mining.
- Mr. Sohaib Tanoli mentioned to link APMIA with Tevta for work force development so association can peruse the issues regarding skill development to the government.
- To certify the unskilled labor in collaboration with GIZ and TVET and GIZ will provide certification to the skilled labor through assessment of local factory owners.
- To form a committee of APMIA for correspondence with TVET & GIZ and the following members were nominated from APMIA,
- i) Mian Gulzar Ahmad, Gujranwala (Chairman – APMIA)
- ii) Sheikh Iftikhar Rasheed, Lahore (Vice Chairman – APMIA)
iii) Mr. Ibad Ali, Jahangira (Secretary TVET Committee of APMIA)
- iv) Hazrat Younas, Jahangira
- v) Mian Fazeelat Shah, Jahangira
- vi) Farrukh Majeed, Islamabad
vii) Mr. Zafar Hussain, Islamabad
viii) Mr. Shakir Ullah, Charsadda
- ix) Malik Faisal, Gujranwala
The function of the TVET Committee will include;
- Identify roles and functions of Business and Industry Associations (BIAs) (promotion, information dissemination, mobilisation of member companies and business communities, such as events, communication with public, relationship with training providers, etc.) in cooperation with stakeholders for TVET interventions.
- Identify a focal person in BIAs who can be the main coordinator for member companies on TVET.
- Provide guidelines for BIAs to promote and support workplace-based exposure for institutional trainees during and after training
- Understand the needs of member organisations on TVET and develop plans to address the needs.
- Conduct awareness sessions with member organisations on TVET, Competency Based Training and Assessment (CBT&A) and National Vocational Qualifications Framework (NVQF)
- Facilitate development of data on skill gaps and develop plans for design and delivery of CBTA for their respective sectors.
- Coordinate with local training providers on all topics related to TVET
- Support local TVET partners in certification of informal economy workers through recognition of prior learning(RPL)
- Participate in assessment related activities of TVET graduates
- Facilitate career counseling and placement activities of the TVET graduates.
- Arrange dialogues and networking sessions with public sectors for better coordination.
- Involve members in the planning and delivery of workplace-based training courses
- Organize and participate in capacity development sessions relating to TVET
- Assistant Commissioner Jahangira mentioned that due to the illiterate Labor, our production is reducing so we should skill the factory owners first along with the labor to increase the production.